[manjaro-dev] Mem use

J Fernyhough j.fernyhough at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 13:24:11 CET 2013

Not sure if this might be related, but on a minimal install I tested
out the other day I found ps reporting that systemd-journald was using
around 30MB RAM (there were no other processes using more than 2MB).
However, this was "mapped" not actually "used" so the actual RAM use
was lower [1]. It's a bit misleading...

e.g. on my 1749:

$ sudo pmap -d $(pidof systemd-journald)
mapped: 73728K    writeable/private: 552K    shared: 47712K

Jonathon

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/systemd-devel@lists.freedesktop.org/msg12773.html