[manjaro-general] how to run dbus-broker from manjaro proot container on android device

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel ernesta at tiscali.cz
Sat Feb 10 21:21:10 CET 2024

Dear users of this mailing list.
I Am very very sorry for this very advanced question. But I would like
to know, if some one of us know, if I have chance to run Dbus-broker on
userspace variant of AArch 64 Bit compatible Manjaro on Android device.
The Manjaro container is being executed by using C language app Proot.
Unfortunately, dbus-broker seems to Me require some special Hexadecimal
long string machine ID and I do not know, if such machine ID can be
obtained if real Linux kernel is not loaded in to RAM.
Sure. I can use Manjaro X11 apps by using dbus-run-session or by using
dbus-launch commands.
But dbus-broker speed up inter process communication so much, that I
would like to use dbus-broker even on Android.
Sure, if Dbus-broker app is being coded that real Linux kernel systems
calls are strictly needed, I will have to accept this programmers
reality. So I will have to use only Dbus not Dbus-broker.

I like Manjaro very much. It is very user friendly distribution.
I Am very sorry to all engaged Linux kernel Manjaro developers because I
know, that if I will be using Manjaro on Android, I will not use Manjaro
specific kernel.
But making C kernel drivers for my phone chips is heavy task even for
very experienced C language system programmers.
The reason why I Am using my Mobile phone is The fact, that it consumpt
20 or 30 Watts of energy. And that it is very portable device.

I have been able to use whole Mate desktop environment on my Android
devices, including Tuner Internet radio player, Seamonkey Internet
suite. Unfortunately, it is not available in The official Arch Linux or
Manjaro repos and building it by using makepkg is also not simply
possible, because I AM getting some errors.

So thank you very much for your help while using dbus-broker.
With The deepest possible appreciation and with The kindness regards.
Janusz Chmiel