[manjaro-general] Kernel Panic / Initramfs error

Eric Burden eric at brothersofgrey.net
Sat Apr 1 21:28:45 CEST 2023

Hey folks,
after updating my Manjaro system today the restart fails with a Kernel Panic.
It states that unpacking the Initramfs fails, this is the short error message, I could send a screenshot as well but thought this might be enough for you to see what happened.

I'll just install a more recent kernel etc from a live image, so I should be fine, but others might be wondering how to fix this...

The error message after reboot is:
	Initramfs unpacking failed: invalid magic at start of compressed archive
	Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-bock(0,0)
	CPU: 1 PID: 1 Comm: swapper/0 Not tainted 5.4.238-1-MANJARO #1

Thanks for the (usually) flawlessly working great distribution and
kind regards,
Eric