[manjaro-dev] [Manjaro Linux Support] Window manager

Rob McCathie korrode at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 11:41:26 CET 2014

Hello Carlos,

If you're running Compiz, not Xfwm4, then the Xfwm4 settings window
will not open. Compiz is configured through the CompizConfig Settings
Manager, you can find this via:

Menu -> Settings -> CompizConfig Settings Manager

Compiz is highly configurable and any setup you had with Xfwm4 should
be achievable with Compiz, and much more.

If it's window decoration settings you're looking for, you have 2 options:

** 1. install gconf-editor, open it and navigate to
/apps/metacity/general/ where you'll find an entry called "theme". You
can change it's value to the exact name of any installed Metacity
theme.
(I plan to provide a GUI to make this easier in future.)

** 2. Install the Emerald window decorator and it's themes by enabling
AUR support in the package manager (Pamac) and then install
"emerald-themes".
*Alternatively* you can open a terminal and do:

yaourt -S emerald-themes

Then navigate to:

Menu -> Settings -> CompizConfig Settings Manager -> Window Decoration

and change the "Command" field from "gtk-window-decorator" to
"emerald", then log out and back in (or reboot if needed) and Emerald
should now be decorating windows (the window decorations will look
different and have the default Emerald red theme).
You can then navigate to:
Menu -> Settings -> Emerald Theme Manager
where you'll find a nice GUI for theme selection and management, and
also theme editing capabilities.

Let me know if you have any other queries. :-)

Regards,
Rob McCathie